Accessibility arrangements - ansā
The Internet is currently the largest repository for freedom of information for all users, and disabled users in particular. As such, we place great importance on giving equal opportunity to people with disabilities to use the information presented on the site and to enable a better browsing experience.
We strive to ensure that digital services are accessible to people with disabilities, and therefore many resources have been invested to facilitate the use of the site for people with disabilities, as much as possible, with the belief that every person deserves the right to live in equality, dignity, comfort, and independence.
In order to actualize this promise, we strive to adhere as much as possible to the recommendations of the Israeli standard (TI 5568) for content accessibility on the Internet at level AA and the international WCAG2.1 document.
How does accessibility work on the website?
The site has an accessibility menu of the website accessibility company - accessible by clicking. Clicking on the accessibility button opens the menu containing the accessibility buttons. After selecting a topic in the menu, wait for the page to load.
Accessibility options in the menu:
• Adjustment for keyboard navigation - providing the option of keyboard navigation
• Adaptation to a screen reader - adaptation of the site for assistive technologies such
as NVDA, JAWS
• Blocking the flashes - stopping moving elements and blocking the flashes
• Increasing the website font to 4 different sizes
• Contrast adjustments - changing the contrast of the website's colors
• Adaptation of the site for color-blind people
• Changing the font to make it more readable
• Increasing the cursor and changing its color to black or white
• Increasing the display to about 200%
• Highlighting links on the site
• Highlighting titles on the site
• Showing an alternative description for the images
• Accessibility statement
• Sending accessibility feedback
Use of third-party components and sites:
When third-party components or websites are used on the site such as Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, external chats, and others that are not under our control, this may pose challenges to the use of the site by people with disabilities that we cannot correct.
Here are some examples of the accessibility policy on third-party websites:
Contact the accessibility coordinator:
If while browsing the site you encountered a difficulty regarding accessibility, the company's accessibility team is at your disposal in a variety of channels for inquiries regarding accessibility issues, we will be happy to receive your feedback.
Details of the accessibility coordinator in the company:
Name: Ayelet Dar Wohl
Mailing address: 827 Broadway St., New York City, NY 10003
Accessibility arrangements at ansā’s concept store:
There is a link to the accessible subway stations list (In NYC)
We have two entrances to the store, front & back. The back entrance is accessible, and we would love it if you would coordinate your arrival in advance so we will be waiting for you to assist. Please contact us via phone # 302-298-6500 or by mail > email@example.com
There is a staffed counter at the entrance of the store.
We have a CS phone # 302-298-6500. Feel free to contact us in any matter/need. You may also contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
All of our staff members get training on accessibility matters.